Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 3 EOC My Demographic

Week 3 EOC My Demographic



I would consider myself to be in the young artists demographic. I am creative, spontaneous and thrive off of imagination. I create costumes and cosplays as a hobby and as a job. I love what I do, as do most other people in the young artist demographic. I would also consider myself in the Furry Demographic. Furries are a type of subculture and a fandom. Furries are creative people who are fans of anthropomorphic animals (animals with human like qualities) Most enjoy it for its art style or how easy it is to create your own custom character in the fandom. not all furries wear fursuits, and even fewer make them, like me and a hand full of others that specialize in that craft. Furries are also big charity goers. Anthrocon, the largest of all furry conventions brings Pittsburgh millions of dollars to their local economy, and will also donate millions of dollars into any charity of their choice that goes with that cons theme for the year. Furries are the center of many misconceptions. Through TV and the vast growing population that is connected to the internet, furries have been poorly betrayed as all being sexual deviants, this however is not true. Although some furries can follow this, its only from ~>17% of the fandom, the rest either don't care or absolutely hate it. another misconception about furries is that all of them are homosexual, again this is not true. but what is true, is that compared to the general population, homosexuality is in higher amounts. in the U.S. the general population is about 1.7%  homosexual and 1.8% bisexual, while in the furry community 23% are homosexual, 41% bisexual, 38% heterosexual, and 4% undefined.

No comments:

Post a Comment